Energy class A building
Our company constructs buildings following the latest standards which are mainly based on three axes.For many years our company has invested in bioclimatic architecture through the study of the microclimate of an area and by using a combination of renewable energy sources (geothermal – solar panels – solar walls etc) has managed to almost eliminate the cost of cooling – heating, thus achieving our goal of complete independence from oil.
● We use external frames with almost zero thermal transmittance and high air proofing.
● We use materials with α high heat capacity.
● We reduce the thermal loads by using special materials of high reflectivity.
● We eliminate thermal bridges by placing thermal façades.
● We plant trees in appropriate locations in the surrounding area in order halt the northern winds.
● The solar chimney is important for the building’s energy performance.
● The location of the rooms in a bioclimatic house is of great importance: for example, bedrooms are placed on the southern side of the building so that they get ample sunshine during the winter months, while the dining room and the kitchen are placed on the eastern side of the building in order to take advantage of the brightness and the solar energy of the early hours of the day.
● Stairs, corridors and warehouses are placed on the northern side of the building.
● A green roof, besides creating aesthetically a green landscape which also produces oxygen through the shrubs and plants, mainly protects the building from high temperatures in the summer and low temperatures in the winter.
● By using heat pumps we reduce the heating costs up to 60% while simultaneously reducing CO2 emissions by 50%, compared to usual oil heating systems.
By using Heat pumps we take advantage of the fact that by consuming 1KW solar energy we can get up to 5kw of heating energy in a well insulated building.
The standards we use for earthquake-proofing are much higher than those set by the state.
● In our studies we increase the earthquake acceleration by at least 30%.
● We don’t use spread footing in the foundations but general raft (radier).
● The whole process of concrete, from production to transport and laying, is thoroughly evaluated and tests made at different stages of concreting.
● Concreting of the foundation and the walls of the basement is simultaneous in order to achieve complete sealing.
Control and safety of the building
● Control and safety of buildings, that we have been practicing for many years, is based on the smart building whereby using electronic systems and automation we can achieve the function of the building by remote control- through a mobile phone, for example: turning the heating on/off, opening/closing windows,turning lights on/off etc.
● The alarm system is connected to external cameras-detectors with beams that record on DVR every suspicious movement, thus activating it.
● he use of optic fibers is the best solution for transmission systems as they have a very large bandwidth, thus achieving high transfer speeds.
To see construction cost of a new building please click here